I'm taking a vacation of sorts for the next 2 months and will try to make a post once in a while whenever i can.I'll be bored without visiting blogs and commenting on those yummy recipes.
I made this rice for our wedding anniversary and it was a hit even my daughter who picks out vegetables from everything successfully had some of this rice.
This is a very easy dish and even though i have added meat to this, vegetarians can casually leave it out and make a vegetarian version of the same.
I have used a small sized aromatic rice we are familiar in Chennai as Jeera rice but it would taste good with any long grained rice too.
Cooked rice 2 cups
Vegetables finely - carrots, beans, cabbage, capsicum and spring onions(whites) about a cup
Spring onion greens 2 tablespoonsOil 2 3 tablespoons
Soya sauce 1 and half tsp
Chilli sauce 1 tsp
Pepper powder 1/2 tsp
Vinegar a tsp
Garlic 2 pods
Salt to taste
Boneless chicken a cup
- To prepare the chicken - marinate the chicken in salt and chilli powder and let it rest.
- Cook the marinated chicken in a pan and shred into desired sized pieces.
- Heat oil in a wide mouthed pan, add oil, add the garlic pods crushed, add the vegetables(except spring onion greens) and saute well in the oil until cooked.
- Once the vegetables are almost done add the sauces and vinegar and let it simmer well.Add pepper powder to this.Check for salt now.
- Mix the cooked rice along with the vegetables and add the cooked chicken to this.
- Mix everything well and serve hot with any tomato sauce or any spicy curry of your choice.