There are days when you know you have to cook but too lazy to even move a finger on those days such powders come handy and you know you're still eating healthy.
Just a drop of ghee or sesame seed oil drizzled over this podi/powder sprinkled rice is a satisfying meal in itself with some papads.
Preparation time : 15mins
Roasted bengal gram/pottu kadala 2 cupsDried red chillies 5-6 numbers
Garlic pods 4-5 numbers
Cumin seeds/jeera 2 tsp
Curry leaves handfull
Asoefetida powder/khayam podi a pinch
Salt to taste
Oil 2 tsp
- In a pan, heat the oil, roast the curry leaves and red chillies until they all look brown and crispy
- then add the garlic and roast till the outside is brown don't allow it to burn.
- Allow the above to cool down.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and the cooled and roasted ingredients and powder it in a blender.
- Allow this to cool down and store in an airtight container.
Serve this podi with hot steamed rice and ghee or sesame seed oil and any roasted vegetables and papads.
- The measures are what I used to make this podi like my family prefers, you can alter the measures of spices.
- THis podi stays good on the shelf with no refrigeration for about a month just use a dry spoon everytime.