Friday, January 20, 2012

Green Parathas

I love/crave for north indian food any day :) I should be saying it for south indian food too but since I spent a lot of time being in Mumbai and chapatis/rotis are my soul food, sabjis and bhaajis go better than the kootu curries!



Been a while since I made any stuffed parathas or rotis, LM likes parathas(a way of sending some vegetables to her tiny tummy) with yogurt!This dinner combo was one huge success- Green parathas with baby potato raita :)




This isn't a stuffed paratha, I have a huge bunch of each mint and cilantro leaves and would for a change not let them go in vain.So the idea struck.I have pureed the two and added it to the wheat dough and this way my little one isn't picking out tid bits from the chapati!



Here's how i made it

You need
Wheat flour 2 cups to make a chapati dough.
Oil/Butter/Ghee to toss the parathas

Clean all the below ingredients and grind to a smooth paste with about a half glass of water
Mint leaves a handful of leaves(stems removed)(or more if you please)
Cilantro/Coriander leaves a handful
Green chillies 1(as per your spice level)
Ginger 1/2" piece
Garlic 5 nos
Cumin seed powder 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste


  • Once you grind the leaves into a smooth paste, make the chapati dough using this liquid mixture of leaves and spices.You may have to add a little more water to make it nice and smooth.
  • Apply some oil and let the dough rest for one hour.(meanwhile enjoy the beautiful aroma that spreads through your home)
  • Roll them out into chapatis and toss them with oil or ghee or butter.




3 comments:

  1. Thanx for linking it to my event..

    Please contribute your entries (old or new )EP Series-Cilantro /Cumin Event

    Erivum Puliyum

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you desire to increase your know-how simply keep visiting this
    site and be updated with the hottest information posted here.


    Also visit my web page - direct payday advance lenders

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by and giving me all the encouragement to keep going.

You May also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis