Looking for a way to finish up those mashed overripe bananas this is the cake i found to do so :) healthy cake because i used whole wheat flour!A yummy tea-time snack :)
I used honey for extra sweetness and moisture in the cake.The original recipe uses all purpose flour since i was making this for a regular tea time snack i substituted with wheat flour.But one thing i realised was inspite of using 2 eggs and mashed bananas because of the wheat flour it was a bit dense and so i realised this cake needed some baking soda to soften it.
I served it some honey and raisins and hot coffee and it was the perfect evening snack.
Wheat flour 1 cup
Castor sugar 3/4 cup
Vegetable oil half a cup
Bicarbonate of soda 1/4 tsp
Salt 1/4 tsp
Banana ripe and mash them and sprinkle 1/2 lemon juice
Cinnamon 1/2 tsp
Honey 3 tablespoons
Milk 1/4 cup
- Heat the oven to 200C and grease the baking tin/vessel and leave it aside.
- Mash the bananas and leave it aside in a bowl.
- Mix oil, eggs until well mixed with wooden spoon or electric beater.Now add the honey and milk and mix well and leave it aside.
- Sieve and mix the wheat flour, castor sugar and cinnamon and bicarbonate of soda with the salt and stir to mix well.
- Now add the wet mixture into the dry little by little mixing well and add the mashed bananas at the end and stir well.
- Now pour the cake mix into the greased dish and bake at 180C for 40 minutes or until done.
- This cake stays well for 4 -5 days stored in the refrigerator.I reheat it whenever being served.