Last month Tea and pistachios was a tougher challenge and this time watermelon and rice somehow was more interesting and just in time i happened to watch a show that used rice to make some cakes.So i'm making a modification of that for this MM.
Cooked rice 1 cup
Boiled potato mashed half
Salt to taste
Chat masala 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
For the stuffing
Red/green apples half
Capsicum a small piece
Watermelon a small wedge
Lime juice 1 tsp
Coriander leaves from a few sprigs
Chaat masala 1/2 tsp
Oil 2-3 tablespoons to shallow fry
- Keep the rice in a big sieve/bowl and mash into a smooth mix with a wooden spoon, add the mashed potato to this and the rest of the stuff for the outer layer.
- Chop fruits and mix the lime juice, chaat masala and coriander leaves.
- Wet your palms and make a flat disk of the rice potato paste and stuff a tsp of the stuffing into this.Repeat for the remaining rice mix.
- Add oil to a pan and place the tikkis as they are browning sprinkle cumin seeds one each tikki and brown both sides until crispy.
- Sprinkle chaat masala on the tikkis before serving.
- Enjoy crispy soft tikkis stuffed with cooling fruits!
A perfect yummy kids snack ready to be served with any sauce of your choice.