We have school till 4 pm this year on.I feel the child is at school more than at home nowadays.Poor children do go through a lot of stress at such young ages here.But the good thing is now we have a two day weekend unlike earlier when even saturday was working which was even worse, the dad being at home the child going to school!!This is the first snack i made after the summer vacation!I think I am officially back in mood to cook!!
My DH is not a big fan of rajma dishes and so I had about half a cup of rajma beans lying around.I soaked it and thought I should try rajma burgers but then this is what i made out of it.It was a really nice accident and I love it when I have tasty end products to trials in the kitchen.
I am actually confused as i write this if it should be called rajma vadas/bondas or bhajjis!Anyway whatever be the name it tasted pretty good and I know i will make it again!
Preparation Time : 20 minutes
Makes 6 bonda/bhaji
Rajma/ red kidney beans half a cup soaked for 10-12 hours or more
Onion 1 small finely chopped
Coriander leaves a few sprigs chopped finely
Crushed ginger 1 tsp
Crushed garlic 1 tsp
Rawa/semolina 2 tsps
Salt to taste
Garam masala powder 1 tsp
Besan/gram flour 5 tablespoons
Red chilli powder 1/2 tsp
Oil to deep fry
- Soak the rajma beans overnight(i did the previous day afternoon itself) and pressure cook with very little water until soft,once cooled run it in the blender until roughly broken.(not a smooth paste)
- To this add the rest of the ingredients all but besan.
- Make small balls out of this and leave to rest.
- Now heat oil in a pan to deep fry.
- IN a small bowl, add the besan and enough water to make a thick batter with salt and red chilli powder mixed to it.
- Coat each of the rajma balls in the besan batter and drop them into hot oil, deep fry until golden brown.
- Drain them onto kitchen towels.
Serve hot and yummy rajma bhaji/vada with tomato sauce and a hot cup of tea!!
Sending this to Dish it out @ Cooks joy and Ramadhan and Eid recipe party @ The cooking doctor