Who doesn't like icecreams? And if it has mango then we double like it!This year for school summer holidays we went to Dubai visiting my parents.My sister joined us too.The kids and us had a lovely time.We were on a mega eating spree all month long.Kids and us elders couldn't have more and more of icecream we had baskin robins which is truly amazing.But when i saw the freezer section of the supermarkets i wanted to just live there.Why?fresh dairy cream stacked from top to bottom!!
While we struggle to spot one pack of fresh dairy cream in Chennai, there the stores were overflowing with fresh dairy cream.I just wanted to jump grab some packs and whip them :)
My sister got some fresh mangoes which we ripened at home.Now when life gives you mangoes and cream make a yummy creamy mango icecream - eggless and no churn.
Whipping cream 2 cups
Condensed milk 1 cup
Mango pulp taken from 4-5 medium sized ripe mangoes
Vanilla essence 1 tsp
Garnishes (optional) - crushed Maltesers, kitkat chocolates, honeycomb or any of your choice nuts, cookies (the list is endless).
Chocolate sauce (optional)
- Peel and cut the mangoes, and make it a smooth puree in a blender.
- Add this puree to a saucepan and cook it on low heat for about ten minutes.Allow to cool.
- Take the whipping cream in a glass/metal bowl.Beat until you get stiff peaks, it could take about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the condensed milk to the mango puree and vanilla essence and mix it well.
- Fold in the condensed milk - mango mixture to the cream until mixed well.
- Take a freezer safe container, pour half the cream mixture, pour chocolate sauce, crushed chocolates or nuts and pour the rest of the cream mixture, garnish with chocolate sauce and chocolates.
- Chill mixture overnight.
- Cooking the mango puree intensifies the mango flavour I highly recommend you doing it.
- Cool the bowl and blades of the hand blender in the freezer before whipping the cream.