Its raining cats and dogs here in Chennai. These days when it rains, is it just me or everyone who feels like munching on something. These cookies turned out well. Cookies are my favorite and this was really quick to make.
The original recipe is from here I have made my changes to it and loved it.
Makes 22 cookies (depending on the size)
Whole wheat flour (or all purpose flour) 1.5 cups
Brown sugar 1/2 cup
Honey 1 tablespoon (optional)
Butter 1/2 cup
Baking soda 1 tsp
Vanilla 1 tsp
Salt a pinch
Water/milk 1 Tbspn
Oil 2 Tbspn
Chocolate chips 3/4cup - 1 cup
- In a bowl, beat sugar and butter until pale, add the vanilla, milk, oil, then the wheat flour and mix well, till you get a nice soft dough.
- Add the chocolate chips and form a nice ball of dough, cover with cling wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180C.Line and grease a baking tray with aluminium foil or parchment paper.
- Make small balls of dough of equal size , flatten it with fingers or fork or the back of a glass tumbler. Place them about 2 cms apart on the tray.
- Bake at 170C for 25 minutes until the tops are brown.This will give you soft cookies.
- If you want crispy ones, bake for another 10 minutes until the tops are hard.
- I didn't add the white sugar and i was making it for home.Instead i added some honey.
- The original recipe calls for All purpose flour/maida i used whole wheat you cant make out any difference.
- Chocolate chips can be added less or more as per your requirement or even substituted with nuts or dried fruits of your choice.