Kids return hungry from school and we moms try to feed them healthy, it remains the same routine day in day out.My kids love corn but sometimes I feel scared giving them the same things they like every week too, what if they get bored of that.So a change is always welcome.
These corn balls tasted super good and was a quickie to put together.Just boil the potatoes and corn and mash it.
Makes about 12 small balls
To make this
Potatoes 2 large
Corn kernel about half a cup or more as needed(from fresh cob or frozen)
Bread crumbs 2-3 tablespoons
Salt to taste
Lime juice 1 tsp
Chilli powder 1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves 2-3 sprigs
Oil to deep fry 1 cup
- Boil potatoes until soft and keep aside.Boil the corn and keep it to cool.Once cooled, peel the potatoes and mash them into rough sized pieces.With a knife get some kernels of corn from the cob or use frozen corn.
- Mix the corn kernels with the mashed potatoes, add the chilli powder, salt and lime juice,Chop the coriander leaves finely and add to the potato mix.
- Mix well to form a thick mixture.
- Make small balls out of this mixture.
- Roll the balls in breadcrumbs and set in a plate.Repeat for all the mixture.
- Heat oil in a wok, fry the balls till golden brown.
Serve hot and yummy crispy corn potato balls with tomato sauce.
- you can boil the corn and potatoes ahead of time and even make this mixture ahead of time.
- i had fresh corn cob cooked it and with a knife pulled out kernels, you can also buy the frozen kernels and use it.
-As i was making it, i thought you can even stuff each ball with a small piece of cheese if you may like.
- you don't need any corn starch or egg to dip to roll the bread crumbs, the potato mix is sticky enough to hold the crumbs.