My first MM after my vacation:) I always look forward to MM, getting to know what the magic ingredients are and thinking what to make is really a fun idea.I loved the fun ingredients this month - flour and coriander(leaves/seeds).I have been watching quite a few pizza making shows on tv recently that i definitely knew i was making some bread for the MM but when i looked at my LM i thought it has to be pizzas!A wonderful treat for the kiddies!
This is my first time at making pizzas from scratch which is why i thought making a mini-pizza would be a good idea.It was a hit with my family.Beautiful bite sized pizzas.The potatoes had a beautiful roasted flavour with the garlic cilantro drizzle adding a touch of intense flavors!
I used to think making pizzas was way too tedious and time consuming until i watched on tv, how easy traditional pizza making is.The Italians make pizzas like our chapatis on a daily basis with healthy toppings and not always is cheese included (surprised! me too)
This is such a quick and easy snack and as i just got back from my holidays the fridge is yet to be stocked completely.So i decided to go easy on the toppings: potatoes and garlic cilantro sauce.
for the base:
All purpose flour/maida 2 and half cups
Yeast 1 tblspn
Sugar 1 tablespoon
Salt 1 tsp
Oil 2 tablespoons
Warm water about 1 cup
- Mix all the above ingredients and knead well to make a nice soft dough.When you poke the dough it should bounce back when you've reached that stage grease the dough ball and place it in a well greased bowl.
- Cover the bowl and allow the dough to double in size.This should take about a few hours
For the topping
Tomato sauce 2-3 tablespoons
Boiled potato 1 medium sized sliced into discs
To drizzle : grind to a course paste
Chilli sauce 1 tsp
Garlic pods 2
Cilantro/coriander leaves a few sprigs
salt to taste
Oil 2 tablespoons
- Once the dough is ready, make small balls out of them and roll them out with your hand not too thin and not too thick.place the spread pizza bases on a greased tray.
- Spread a generous amount of tomato sauce, place a few potato discs and pour a few spoons of the cilantro garlic paste on top.
- Sprinkle some oil around the sides of each pizza and let this rest for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 220C and push the greased tray with pizzas into the oven and bake for about 20 mins.Until the base is done.
- Yummy baby pizzas are ready to enjoy with some cool lemonade!
Sending this to MM #6,Lets cook:kids special, Fun in the sun, Fast food no Fat food, Kids delight