Everyone makes pulav/pulao, but this method i learnt this time from my mom yes its never too late to learn especially recipes.Now on this is going to be the recipe for my pulav.
My mum made this for my birthday and yes after many years i was with her thanks to baby :) so last year my birthday was extra extra special in more than one way.
Basmati rice 1 cup
Onion 1 small sliced finely
Tomato 1 small sliced finely
Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Water 2 cups
Whole spices - cardamoms, cloves,cinnamon - 3 -4 pieces each
Vegetables 1 cup or more of mixed vegetables - i used carrots, beans , peas and capsicum.
Coriander/cilantro - a bunch
Mint leaves a bunch
Oil/butter 2 tablespoons
- Soak the rice for about half hour and drain it and set it aside.
- Heat oil in a vessel, add whole spices, once they pop add the onions.
- Now add the ginger garlic paste and tomatoes.Let the tomatoes get smashed well.
- Add the rice and let it turn translucent now add the water and salt to taste.
- Add the chopped cilantro and mint leaves.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until rice is done well.
- Heat oil in another pan, add the chopped vegetables and let it fry unti half done.
- Just before serving the rice add the fried vegetables and serve hot.
- Serve hot vegetable pulav with any vegetarian curry or chicken curry.
Until next time :)
Sending this to WTML, Dish in 30 minutes, Foodabulous,