A brand new year has arrived and Hope you are all having a good time welcoming it.While we love to indulge in some good food, breakfast needs to be a hearty affair and this one is a refreshing twist to our daily breakfasts.
Bored of your daily breakfast - eggs and bread?Try this version of the humble breakfast!
My mom used to make this often especially when we have leftover stock of bread.You can call it a remake- recipe.I simply love it and so will little kids.Especially if my mom makes it for me i can have it everyday :) Such a bliss to have someone make breakfast and tea for you!
You can make this with or without eggs (for those who want a vegetarian version) but eggs make a huge difference to this recipe.
Bread 5-6 sliced chopped into small squares / as much as needed
Onions 1 large sliced finely
Tomatoes 2 large chopped finely
Curry leaves 2 sprigs
Oil 1 tablespoon
Mustard seeds 1 tsp
Chilli powder 1 tsp
Garam masala powder 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves/cilantro a few sprigs chopped finely
- Heat oil in a large pan/vessel, add the mustard seeds let them pop.Add curry leaves, followed by onions let it fry well.
- Once the onions are nice and soft add the tomatoes and let it cook well and get mashed.Add a little salt to speed up this step.
- Add chilli powder, garam masala and fry well.
- Now add the eggs and mix well so they get scrambled.
- Next add the chopped bread and mix well.Check for salt.
- Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with a mug of coffee!
Sending this to Innovative Recipes-2013@LemonKurry , Celebrating first anniversary@Siris food , Lets cook - healthy, WTML, Bon vivant#11 - Healthy appetite