Idlis are a favourite at my place.My LM loves them she would have them all three meals a day but she needs it with her idli podi no chutney.But we love our chutneys and sambar to go with the healthy idli.
Just saw some cabbage lying in the fridge and thought of trying a chutney which was really nice.
See how thick it is can you tell if doesn't have coconut.Yes this is a no-coconut chutney.I usually add a lot of coconut to our daily food but not adding it in a chutney is definitely a surprise.The cabbage made this chutney really nice and thick not really demanding for coconut to do that part.
Cabbage 1 cup chopped roughly
Tomato 1 small
Chilli powder 1 tsp
Curry leaves few
Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
Oil 1 tsp+1 tsp
- Heat oil in a pan, add the oil, add mustard seeds, curry leaves, cabbage and fry until the cabbage has wilted and tender.
- Add the tomato fry well till it mashes.
- Add chilli powder and turn off the heat.
- Allow this to cool and blend in a mixer until smooth.
- Heat oil in a pan, add the second tsp of oil pop few mustard seeds and curry leaves and pour it to the chutney.
- Serve hot with hot idlis.
Enjoy spicy yummy cabbage chutney for breakfast.