Monday, January 19, 2015

Palak Aloo Parathas | Spinach potato stuffed flat breads

We had a really long weekend 5 days precisely and me and my blog were on a holiday too.Lately I think i'll blame the weather for making me feel too lazy to blog luckily i drag myself to cook something simple and this is one such easy lazy day meal that kids and elders will enjoy equally!

aloo palak potato spinach paratha 1
I'm using my phone camera these days I'm beginning to miss my laptop and camera now.Hope to put better pics soon.

aloo palak potato spinach paratha 2



aloo palak potato spinach paratha 3

 Preparation time : 30 mins + preparation time

You need

aloo palak potato spinach paratha 4To make the filling 

Spinach leaves handfull
Garlic 3-4
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
GReen chillies 1
Boiled and peeled potatoes 3
Salt to taste

To make the dough

Wheat flour 3 cups
Water as required

aloo palak potato spinach paratha

  • To make the filling - heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds, garlic and green chillies in oil then add the spinach leaves saute it until the leaves wilt.Allow to cool and grind it to a smooth paste.
  • Grate the boiled potatoes and add it to the pan on low heat add turmeric and salt and the ground spinach paste and mix well.
  • Prepare dough like for chapati.
  • Divide the filling into equal parts i got about 9 balls.make the dough ball slightly larger than the size of the filling ball.Roll the dough into a small disc and place the filling inside and cover the dough well.Roll into flat 7-8 inch discs.
  • Heat a pan and grease it and place the paratha and cook well on both sides drizzling oil or ghee.

aloo palak potato spinach paratha 5

Serve green parathas with raita and pickle of your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by and giving me all the encouragement to keep going.

You May also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis