Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Panagam | Indian style spiced lemonade

I've been on a long break from blogging i have my reasons just to mention it in a line family emergency would be the reason.But all is well now and I will be more busy in the coming few weeks when we will be house warming our first own home and moving in soon after.So good things to look forward to and thank the Lord for.


Panagam-jaggery-lemonade-1
This is a simple drink i never knew off until i read it in the Hindu newspaper last summer holiday and ever since I read about it I wanted to try it.I did after a long time and I totally loved it.Its a great healthy drink to cool you off in the summers.Also I heard from my hindu friends that is a drink they serve in temples as neiveidyam.


Panagam-jaggery-lemonade-2


Panagam-jaggery-lemonade-3



Panagam-jaggery-lemonade-4




This drink has good healthy ingredients like jaggery,lime, dried or fresh ginger, cardamom and pepper.I know the combination probably sounds a little weird but trust me its good.I love it so much that nowadays i never panic when theres leftover jaggery syrup.

Preparation time : 15 minutes
Serves 3-4 small glasses
Panagam-jaggery-lemonade-5
You need

Jaggery 4-5 tablespoons grated
Water 1 cup
Cardamom 3 pods
Dried ginger powder 1tsp
Pepper powder 1/4 tsp
Lime 1 large


  • Soak the jaggery in the water bring this water to boil and strain it to remove any impurities.
  • Add crushed cardamom pods, pepper powder, dry ginger powder to this and stir well.
  • Squeeze the juice of the lime and mix it with the jaggery syrup and the spices.Stir well.Mix enough water to adjust the spice and sweet levels.
Panagam-jaggery-lemonade-6
  • Serve this at room temperature and enjoy a healthy cup of juice.
Tips :

-I didn't have dried ginger once and i added crushed fresh ginger i liked that too.
-To get the rimmed glass, rub a lime wedge around the rim and in a plate take some salt and pepper powder and rub the glass in this powder.
- Feel free to adjust the sweetness and the tanginess of the lime.

Sending this to Remmy's Kitchen Blog anniversary Giveaway event


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by and giving me all the encouragement to keep going.

You May also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis