We are a mighty snacking bunch!Anything other than main course meals are good to go these days with my kids!!I was feeling so guilty my lil one wakes up first thing in the morning to a pack of biscuits...as easy as everyone thinks it would be these cookies are good and easy to make and i felt less guilty giving to him first thing or anytime in the day!
Jam print cookies are just short bread cookies soft and thick cookies with a jam top i used chocolate chip for half the dough.I think the jam ones were good!
Preparation time : 1 hour
Makes about 20 cookies (approx depends on size)
Recipe source - adapted from allrecipes.com
All purpose flour 1 and 3/4th cup
Sugar 1/3 cup
Condensed milk 3 tablespoons
Butter 1/4 cup
Baking powder 1/2 tsp
Salt 1/2 tsp
Vanilla essence 1 tsp
Chocolate chips hand full
Jam 1 tablespoon
- Take butter at room temperature and beat until fluffy with sugar and condensed milk.
- Mix the egg and vanilla essence with this and mix well.
- Sift the flour,salt, baking powder in another bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet in two batches.Mix well into soft pliable dough.
- Preheat oven to 250C.Grease baking tray and keep aside.
- Pinch small balls of the dough and flatten slightly with palms and a make a small thumb impression (not to deep the jam will flow out on baking)
- Beat the jam with a whisk or fork until smooth and place about 1/4 tsp of jam on each cookie.Place chocolate chips or chocolate sauce if you please.
- Bake these for 20 minutes ( mine takes longer as its convection oven) on 220C until the top is slightly golden and bottoms are brown.
- Allow to cool completely and store in glass jars.
Enjoy soft jam filled cookies with a hot cup of coffee or milk for the kids.These stay good when stored airtight for about 2 days they vanished before then!!
- The original recipe didn't ask for condensed milk, i just reduced half the butter and added condensed milk.You can drop it adjust sugar and add butter instead.