I have been on a long vacation this year because my daughter's new school has a longer leave than the previous one.I had so many pictures saved in drafts but couldn't post it because of the IE ditching me.This drink i made a few months back when I had green mangoes from an aunt's place to pickle.With the shifting and moving in i couldn't pickle them and few were turning ripe.So i decided to make this aam pana with i wanted to make for so long.
My kids loved it and wanted it from the remaining mangoes too.
This juice needs green mangoes to be cooked to extract the pulp.I used the pressure cooker to cook it.Also used the water in which i cooked the mangoes so make sure you clean the mangoes well before cooking it.
Preparation time : 20 mins
Makes 5 small glasses.
Green mangoes 2 medium sized
Mint leaves few
Roasted cumin seeds powder a pinch
Black salt or chaat masala as required
Water 5 small glasses
Sugar as needed depends on the tartness of your mangoes
- Pressure mangoes in water enough to submerge them.
- Peel the mangoes and extract all the pulp with a spoon.
- Add the pulp to a blender and blend it once to get a smooth pulp.
- Add sugar to this pulp and blend so the sugar mixes well.Add water as needed.
- Pour into glasses and add mint leaves and roasted cumin seed powder and chaat masala as needed before serving.
Enjoy this sweet and sour drink slightly spiced with gentle spices on a hot summer day.