We got back from our holiday and i have been lazing around to be frank and kept wondering if i would even come back to my lovely blog ever.Tonight i decided i had enough of this hiatus and i should put in some love to the dear blog.More than blogging now i miss taking pictures.Wonder if fellow bloggers are ever in this situation.
Susiyam is a stuffed deep fried snack usually has a lentil coconut jaggery mix as the stuffing and a rice flour plus flour mix as the outside.
Green moong/pacha payir 1 cup
Jaggery 3/4 cup
Cocomut 1 cup
Cardamom seeds powder 1 tsp
Dry ginger powder a generous pinch
Rice flour 2 tablespoon
Maida/all purpose flour half cup
Water as needed
Salt a pinch
Oil to deep fry
- Mix enough water to maida and rice flour and mix to a smooth thick batter just right enough to coat the stuffing equally.
- Soak green moong for 2 hours and cook it until soft in pressure cooker.
- Grate jaggery, coconut and keep aside.Mix the cooked green moong, jaggery, coconut, cardamom powder, dry ginger/chukku powder and mix to make a thick stuffing.
- Divide the stuffing equally and make balls.
- Heat oil in a deep kadhai/wok, take each ball of stuffing and dip in the prepared batter and deep fry until lightly brown.
- Drain these fried susiyams on kitchen towels.