Rice 2 cups soaked for half and hour and drained(i usually use sona masoori rice,basmati can be used too)
Pepper corns 1 tsp
Curry leaves chopped 1 Tblspn
coriander leaves 1 Tblspn
Coconut milk 1 small packet (Maggie coconut milk powder will make 2 cups of coconut milk)
Water 3 cups
salt as reqd
Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
GReen chillies 1 chopped finely
Oil 2 Tblsp
Mustard seeds 1 tspn
- In a cooker, add oil and mustard seeds and allow to pop.Add curry leaves,pepper corns,green chillies.
- Add the drained rice and fry till the water is all gone.
- Add coconut milk(2 cups) + water(3 cups) = 5 cups in all.[i add 2.5 cups water for each cup of rice]
- Add salt,turmeric powder and coriander leaves.Cover and cook for 4 whistles on high flame.
- Serve with non veg curries.