This is a dish my mom makes on special occasions for breakfasts with idlis or appams.And its the best breakfast ever!
You need :
Onions 2 big sliced finely
Tomatos 1 big diced
Chillies 2 slit
curry leaves 2 sprigs
bay leaf 2
ginger garlic paste 2 tsp
cilantro chopped finely 2 Tbpn
1 packet maggie coconut milk powder.(or you are more than welcome to use fresh coconut milk)
Turmeric powder 1/2 tspn
salt to taste
(*) Dry roast and grind to fine powder the following:
1 Tbsp pepper corns,3 cardamoms,3 cloves, 1 Tbsp fennel seeds
- In a nonstick pan, fry bayleaves, chillies, curry leaves for 2 mins.
- Add onions and saute till translucent, add ginger garlic paste once the onions are done.
- Add the chicken pieces and tomatoes.Cover and cook well till chicken is done.
- Add the ground masala powder (*) and cook.
- Add turmeric powder,salt and the coconut milk powder mixed in water (as per instructions on the pack).
- Garnish with cilantro.