I love to try different chicken fry recipes.My DH who never took us to KFC because its not too healthy recently did take us and now we're waiting to go there again!!Thats one chicken noone can have enough.We love KFC during our school days when we were first introduced to it we kind of never liked it too much because it was chicken with the skin but now we are all drooling seeing just pictures of it on TV.This is what i recreated myself after looking for kfc type recipes online and some shows on tv.
Usually I don't prefer frying chicken because already my LM never eats curry fish she only likes fried fish and since chicken is ok in any forms i don't want to spoil her by giving her fried chicken too.The taste is superb ofcourse but we need to care for the calories no?
Preparation time : 10 minutes + marinating time
Chicken 250 gms
Oil to deep/shallow fry
For the marinade
Curd half cup
Chilli powder 1 heaped tsp
Salt to taste
Grated onion 2 tsp
Grated garlic 3-4 pods
Omam/Carrom seeds/ajwain seeds 1/4 tsp
Bread crumbs as needed
Chopped coriander leaves 2 tablespoons
salt and pepper as needed
- Clean chicken and mix the stuff for the marinade, allow chicken to marinate for 2-3 hours.
- Add the chopped coriander leaves to the bread crumbs along with salt and pepper mix it and leave it aside.
- Mix the chicken well in the marinade and roll it in the bread crumb mixture with a fork dust excess crumbs.Set it on a plate.Repeat for all the pieces.
- Heat oil and fry the chicken.
I made a garlic mayonaise sauce to dip it.In two spoons of mayonnaise add grated garlic salt and pepper.
Serve spiced chicken fry with sambar rice,rasam rice or enjoy it as it is with garlic mayonnaise sauce and drinks of your choice.
- i had a lot of extra marinade so i coated the chicken twice and got twice as much crispy chicken.
- beat the curd smooth before adding to the marinade.
- washing chicken with vinegar or turmeric powder is good to remove any toxins from meat or fish.