But this was a good refreshing drink on a warm afternoon.
The color of the lemonade is completely natural i haven;t added any artificial colors.
Makes 3 small cups
Rose petals 1/2 cup
Sugar 1/2 cup or as you need
Lime 1 small
Water 3-4 cups
CLoves/Rose essence 2 additional
- Wash the rose petals in water and drain the petals onto a kitchen towel.
- Add sugar to 2 cups water and boil until the sugar has dissolved.
- In one cup water add the rose petals, cloves and allow to boil.The color will be a dull brown.
- Add freshly squeezed lime juice to this, the color will change to a bright crimson color.
- Mix this to the sugar water and mix well.Allow to cool completely before serving.
- I didn't add cloves initially thinking there would be flavour from the rose petals but theres only color and no flavour so i added some cloves.If you have rose essence will work well too.
- You might want to add more sugar according to your taste.