Monday, August 29, 2011

Bread Chocolate chip Pudding

This is a really simple recipe.I've seen our Kitchen Queen Nigella Lawson make it a number of times.Though I didn't do it exactly as her.This is a nice dessert to make with some leftover bread!And I had a few chocolate chip cookies so I added them in too(Nigella added chocolate chips)!


You need
Bread 3 stale slices torn into bits(you can leave the crust if you want)
Egg 1 large beaten
Milk half a teacup
Vanilla Essence 1/4 tsp
Golden Sultanas few(optional)
Butter 1 and 1/2 tsp melted
Sugar 3 tblspn
Cinnamon powder 1/4 tsp
Chocolate chip cookies 4 crumbled

- Preheat oven to 250C.(The original recipe said 350C but on my oven this is the highest)
- Tear the bread into small pieces and scatter them in a oven proof dish.
- Drizzle the melted butter over the bread pieces.Add the cookie crumbs too and sultanas if you want to.
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs,milk,sugar,cinnamon and vanilla essence.Beat well and pour over the bread and press the bread down with a fork so the milk-egg mix seeps through the bread well.Make sure the milk mixture covers the bread well.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until the top springs back when tapped lightly.


- Allow to cool and serve with icecream :)

3 comments:

  1. Pri...this looks amazing!! I have a similar recipe for bread pudding...even took snaps of it to post it on the blog. But then there was a huge backlog and then as time passed, I don't now like the snaps anymore. So never posted it. Maybe one day whn I make it again, i'll take snaps n post it asap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right here is the right blog for anyone who wishes to find out about this topic.
    You realize a whole lot its almost hard to argue with you
    (not that I actually would want to…HaHa). You definitely put a fresh spin
    on a subject that has been discussed for years.
    Great stuff, just wonderful!

    My weblog cash advance in san diego

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by and giving me all the encouragement to keep going.

You May also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis