Monday, August 8, 2011

Chickpea Pasta Salad

I tried this Mediterranean Salad from a Health magazine some time back.I loved it.Salads still do not go well as the meal at my place..it just has to be a salad!



I had saved some cooked pasta.I was wondering what to do with it now....cold pasta.I didn't want to make a sauce for just that much of pasta.I came across this really nice crispy chickpea munchies recipe in the Good Housekeeping magazine.I was lazy to turn the oven on and roast the chickpeas.So I decided to let my imagination run wild.And I had this rather cool pasta salad!

You need
Chick peas (cooked and drained) 1 cup
Cooked pasta (any shape) 1 cup
Oil 1 tspn
Chilli powder 1/4tsp
Salt to taste
Cilantro 2 tablespoons finely chopped
Cube these : Tomato, Cucumber as much as you like (i used an inch size piece of cucumber and half a tomato)




- To prepare the chickpeas : In a sauce pan, add oil and throw the chickpeas and let it roast on a medium flame and then add the chilli powder and salt.Let the spices nicely coat the chickpeas about 5-7 minutes.Then let it cool.

For the dressing :
  •  In a small bowl/bottle, add 1 tsp each of lime juice,vinegar,olive oil.
  •  Then add salt to taste and chopped cilantro.
  •  Mix well(if in a bottle put the lid on and shake away).
To make the salad : mix the chickpeas,the cooked pasta and the chopped vegetables.Add the dressing and mix well in a salad bowl.
Serve cold :)
 
Sending this recipe to Life is green, CWS started by Priya and hosted Saffron Streaks

1 comment:

Thanks for coming by and giving me all the encouragement to keep going.

You May also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis