Friday, March 16, 2012

Chocolate crescents

I love baking and Radhika has just the event for all of us who are going crazy about baking.Like her event demands even though i can't post on all days I'll try to post atleast a few this month.





I was keeping away from yeast for a while as i had burnt my fingers a many too times.I found out it wasn't my fault.The mistake was that i had frozen my yeast and that killed it apparently.The fresh yeast works like magic now.

My friend always bakes with whole wheat flour(only) and she gave me her fool proof bread recipe, worked well for me.Since I'm not lucky enough to find a loaf tin or any fancy bread baking tins, i just go ahead and play with the shapes and still better make stuffed breads.


Twisted bread with 2 strands of dough

This is how i made it.Check my previous post on how to shape the crescents.


Whole Wheat flour - 3 cups (sieved)
All purpose flour - 1/2 cup (sieved)
Active dry yeast - 2 1/4 tsp
Oil - 2-3 tbsp + more for greasing bowl
Sugar - 1 tbsp
Salt - 2 tsp
Water - 1 cup (warm) + more if required
Milk - 1/2 cup (warm)
Egg or milk for brushing the tops of the bread

  • Sieve the flours and add all the remaining ingredients and mix well into a soft workable dough.Dough should be soft but not sticky to the fingers.
  • Grease a bowl and leave the dough to rise, apply oil on the dough too.
  • Cover with cling film or wet cloth and leave to double in size.(took about 3 - 4 hours,i left it for a longer time)
  • For the filling:Chocolate chips as required, melt the chocolate chips in a microwave for 1 minute until smooth.
  • Once the dough has doubled, pinch off a ball of dough and roll into a flat circle and cut into 4 portions first half then quarters.Take one quarter and apply the melted chocolate on the broader edge of the dough and roll the thinner edge to cover it up.
  • Repeat for remaining dough and let the crescents raise for another 1 hour or so.Place them on a greased tray and let them rest.
  • Brush the tops with beaten eggs or milk and they are ready to go into the oven.
  • Preheat oven to 180C and push the tray to bake for about 45 minutes or until the tops and bottoms sound hard when knocked with a spoon.

  • Serve yummy chocolate crescents with milk or juice.
          Happy baking :)
 



\



25 comments:

  1. great recipe... & u make it seem so easy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chocolate in crescents that's a total yummm. Loved those cute shapes Princy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Radhika...u r tempting me to try new bakes :)

      Delete
  3. Mouthwatering and yummy crescent rolls

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very inviting Choco Crescents Dear. Luv it

    ReplyDelete
  5. My daughter loves croissants and chocolate, this looks a combo of both, should try this out..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter loved it too, i made it specially for her.She wanted them all.

      Delete
  6. wow .love the crescents. and who doesn't love chocolate. yummy recipe

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love anything with chocolate...these look awesome

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! looks delicious crescents:).

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks nice.. love choco fillings & this reminds me of croissants :)

    Ongoing Event: I'm a STAR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes they are but not as fluffy as croissants as its whole wheat flour.

      Delete
  10. very new 2 me..crescents ooks yumm n delicious too....
    Maha

    ReplyDelete
  11. yummy n lovely crescents dear....superb

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thats very nice Princy.. so cute to look at, I must really try these..

    surfing through your blog , glad to follow you ..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yummyyy!!! That looks awesome! :) I miss gawking at your posts!! :) Its going to be a long day of visual treats for me when I'm back! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by and giving me all the encouragement to keep going.

You May also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis