Its that time of the year when chocolates and strawberries become the symbols of love and friendship.
Happy Valentines' Day to you all :)
I've been wanting to try out these kinds of puddings with biscuit bases which usually makes the base for cheesecakes.I do not have the patience to try out cheesecakes however so with whatever i had at my disposal i tried these.I've been saving some marshmallows for a while now to try in an instant mousse but i didn't get there, this is the closest i could get, i guess.
SInce marshmallows use gelatin it acted as the setting agent in this pudding.You can replace this with agar agar/china grass or gelatin as you please.
To make this pudding you need
(Makes 3 large cup cake liner sized puddings)
To set them in cup cake liners
For the base:
Biscuits (Digestive/Marie) 5 6
Butter 5-6 tablespoons
Sugar powder as per sweet/optional
Milk half cup
Cocoa powder 2 tablespoons
White chocolate pieces
- Powder biscuits in a blender/food processor to course powder, add melted butter spoon by spoon until you can hold the powder into a ball(like ladoos), add sugar along with this and mix well.
- Place a liner in a small bowl the same size that can hold your liner,now press this biscuit base in each cupcake liner and press it down well with the spoon.Refrigerate for an hour.
- Heat milk in a pan and add the marshmallows it will dissolve slowly now add the cocoa powder and stir in set aside.(you can use gelatin/agar agar in this step instead of marshmallows)
- pour this over the biscuit base and cover each bowl with foil paper and leave it in the fridge for another few hours until it sets firm.
- Before serving dip the bowls in normal water so the cupcake liners will loosen from them.
- Serve delicious chocolate puddings with chocolate sauce,or strawberry pieces and jam.
Enjoy this simple easy dessert!
Sending this to Valentines Treat @ Cuisine delights and Recipe junction, Let.s cook/bake,Cook with love:spouse, Bon Vivant - quixotic fixes, Foodabulous - celebrate february, Sweet luv