Sunday, February 24, 2013

Egg Biryani

Biryani is something everyone likes.And eggs are everyone's favourite period.Noone will ever say no to an egg and 'sunday ho ya monday roz khao andey!"(means have an egg daily).This is the dish you want to have when you are super lazy and still feel like having something really spicy and yummy.

I cooked the egg biryani in my Indina pressure cooker and it did not blow up in my face!"



This is my best pal in the kitchen, the pressure cooker is really a boon to India.Looking at my kitchen over flowing with vessels and cutlery i wonder why I need so much, when i well managed close to a year with just 4 vessels one among them being my prized Hawkins pressure cooker.I have a bigger one which i hardly use because this lil one is so handy to use and wash up.I used to do everything in this lil guy while i was in london my day used to start with it and end with it.Like the ad ' Hum Hawkins ke bina chal nehi sakthe" ( its impossible without a Hawkins.)


This is a simple recipe i found on some random website long ago and I have added my changes to it to suit my taste.

You need
Basmati rice 1 and half cups (soaked for half hour and drained)
Water 3 cups 
Hard boiled eggs 2
Onions 1 large/ 2 medium sliced finely
Tomato 2 large
Ginger garlic paste 1 heaped tsp
Green chillies 2 slit at the tip
Curry leaves 2 sprigs
Coriander leaves a small bunch
Chilli powder 1 tsp
Dhaniya powder 1 tsp
Garam masala 1/2 tsp
Fennel seeds 1 tsp
Whole garam masala spices cardamom,cloves, cinnamon, 2 3 each
Salt to taste
Lime juice 2 tsp
  • Keep the hardboiled eggs ready and make pricks with a fork on all 4 sides of the eggs.
  • Heat oil in the pressure cooker, add the whole garam masala, fennel seeds, curry leaves, green chillies and stir well.
  • Now add the sliced onions and fry till brown.Add the ginger garlic paste next.
  • Add the chopped tomatoes fry well until the tomatoes smash well.
  • Add the chilli powder, dhaniya powder,garam masala and cook well until the raw smell goes away.
  • Now add the drained basmati rice let it turn translucent.
  • Add the eggs and let the spices coat the eggs well, once thats done add the water and add salt to taste.
  • Add the chopped coriander leaves and lime juice.
  • Cover the cooker and cook on medium flame for 12-15 mins or for 2 whistles.
  • Let the pressure release completely and fluff the rice up with a fork.
  • Serve hot with papads and raita. 




Tips:
- Water content may vary from brand to brand.I add 2 cups of water for the rice to cook nice and long.
- Cooking time varies from cooker to cooker and the heat you set the cooker on.
- Pricking the eggs help the masala to get into it.



Sending this to I cooked in my pressure cooker , One pot meal

15 comments:

  1. nice tempting biryani, love the fryums.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Egg biryani looks delicious! Wonderful snaps!

    http://www.rita-bose-cooking.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. oh yea those r so tempting me n my daughter fight for them.

      Delete
  4. Love to finish that whole plate rite now,irresistible and seriously tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wnderful recipe ...
    Im really honoured to provide u wid the Liebster Blog award..
    Do accept it..& pass it on..
    http://www.sajustastes.com/2013/02/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your recipe..I am going to make this for dinner tonight..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for this delicious entry. Can you add the line, "I cooked the egg biryani in my Indina pressure cooker and it did not blow up in my face!"
    I will be posting the round up in a couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did not know remember this howkins shape! It does look cute. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for the beautiful recipe sis .......have tried it today ....lets see how its turned out hehehe ....and of course the comment hehehe....

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for the recipe sis ..... Have tried it today for lunch ....lets see how the taste turns out ....and of course the comments hehehehe ......

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by and giving me all the encouragement to keep going.

You May also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis