Happy summer everyone :) I had a fun summer vacation and after that long lazy chilled out break we got back home two days back and we had some earth/mind cooling showers both there and here in Chennai :) I'm always thrilled to see rains they give everyone a refreshing energy to one and all.
As lazy as i am in this cosy rainy weather let me give you this comfort food - aloo matar. This is a very common dish which can be made in various ways I'm sure every household has a recipe.This is the way i do it.I had frozen lots of peas during the winter and to my great surprise it was a great life saver on many an occasion. Just peel the peas off the pod and store it in a zipper bag in the freezer remember not the fridge then the peas will sprout :)(thats healthy too yea)
Keeping a boiled potato like wise in the refrigerator(not freezer) always comes handy.Just store it well covered in a covered container or a zipper bag.
Boiled Potato 1 big
Fresh Peas 1 cup
Oil 2 tablespoons
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
Onions 1 large
Dhaniya powder/coriander powder 1 tsp
Garam masala powder 1 tsp
Garlic crushed 2 pods
Ginger sliced half an inch piece
Lime juice 1 tsp
Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a saucepan, add cumin seeds let it pop.Add the ginger and garlic and saute well.
- Add the onions and fry until translucent.Add peas and let it cook.
- Add the dry masala spices and let it cook well.
- Add the potato and add enough water to allow the gravy to blend well.
- Once the vegetables have cooked well in the spice gravy turn off the heat.
- Serve hot aloo mattar gravy with rotis. phulkas or naan.Don't forget to sprinkle some lime juice before you serve.