Eggs are always life savers.Apart from the fact that they are tasty in any form they are too versatile too.I love trying to make new dishes with eggs.This is one such gravy that turned out super good!
Hard boiled eggs 2 cut into round slices
Onion 1 large sliced finely
Tomato 2 medium choppedCurry leaves 2 sprigs
Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
Fennel/saunf/sombu 1 tsp
Coconut oil 2 tablespoons
Ginger 1 inch piece
Garlic 5-6 pods
Dhaniya powder 1 tsp
Chilli powder 1/2 tsp or more
Green chilli 2nos
To grind to a fine paste
Whole spices - 2 cardamoms and an inch sized piece of cinnamon
Coconut 1 tablespoon
Cashew nuts 5 nos
- In a pan, heat coconut oil, add the fennel seeds and mustard seeds, green chillies once it pops add the curry leaves.
- Add the onions let it saute well until soft.
- Crush the ginger garlic roughly or in a mixer.
- Add tomatoes and let it saute well until you get a smooth gravy mix.
- Add dhaniya powder and chilli powders and cook until raw smell goes away.
- Add salt to taste and turmeric powder.
- Add the eggs.
- Add the ground paste and check for salt again.Spoon gravy over eggs and don't stir anymore.
- After it simmers for 5 minutes turn off the heat.
- Add some curry leaves to garnish.
Spicy egg kurma is ready to be served with any breads,rotis or parottas :)