Idlis are a daily fare here especially because my LM loves them but she has them only with podi nothing else.Wonder when that will change.But we loved this chutney its a good combination to go with chapathis and idlis or dosas rather than the usual coconut chutneys and sambars.
I make this whenever i have brinjals in stock which is always.They seem to the freshest vegetables around so i have them around also they are so versatile you can make curries, fries, bhajjias or even chutneys now!
Brinjals any kind 2 medium
Onion 2 medium
TOmato 2 medium
Chilli powder 1/2 tsp
Green Chilli 1 small
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves 1 sprig
Mustard seeds 1 tsp
Coriander leaves few sprigs
Salt to taste
Oil 2 tablespoons
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds let them pop, add curry leaves and onions.
- Add brinjals as soon as the onions turn soft.
- Once the brinjals have softened add the tomatoes,
- Now add the chilli powder and salt with turmeric powder.
- Fry well until all mashed well.
- Sprinkle coriander leaves.Turn off the heat.
- Brinjal chutney is ready.
Serve brinjal thokku/chutney with spongy soft idlis.
Sending this to Healthy veg recipes and to Priyas place and Dish it out- Light dinners