Friday, January 17, 2014

Soya bean masala Vada

Vadas or vadais are a common snack in South India.Most famous being the parupu/bengal gram ones and the medhu/black lentil vadas.I just tried the parupu vadai with the soya beans they were a big hit and also I though it was much easier to use up the soya bean than the usual gravy or sabji.



With the winter moving away fast, having a hot tea and a snack to go along with it is just an excuse.I wonder if its only me or anyone else too whose tummy tells them its 4.These days since i pick my daughter from school at 3 i'm hungry at 330 and have my evening tea then!




My DH got soya beans a month ago I wasn;t sure how a gravy would taste out f it but I tried that too which i didn't like too much though.So i have a packet of beans to get over with.I remember my mom used to grind soya beans along with whole wheat to make chapathi atta she tells me it makes the rotis really soft and ofcourse more fibre.








 You need

Soya beans (Soaked for 10-12 hours) half cup
Oil to deep fry

To make the batter

Small/sambar onions 5-6
Green chillies 1/2
Ginger a small piece
Garlic 2 pods
Salt to taste
Cumin/jeera seeds 1 tsp


  • Soak the soya beans for 10-12 hours.Drain the soaked beans completely.
  • In a blender with the remaining ingredients grind it to a course mix.You need not add more water as the onions and the soaked beans provide enough moisture to blend the beans.
  • Mix well with your hands.Shape them into small balls then flatten it with you fingers.
  • Heat oil in a pan, drop the vadas and fry until golden brown on both sides.
  • Enjoy hot spicy vadas with tea!



 Tea and vada anyone :)





6 comments:

  1. Love those crispy vadas for tea....u just left me craving for these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they r perfect for a winter eve with hot tea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super delicious soya bean masala vada, perfect and delicious evening snack....

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi princy,

    glad i have come across your blog. you have good varieties of recipe.
    I am new for blogging and happy if you could visit my page and stay connected.

    -Tanya
    http://easyandsimplefoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by and giving me all the encouragement to keep going.

You May also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis