I have some days when i feel like eating something simple out of a bowl and this simple egg fried rice is just perfect to sit on the couch in front of the tv and eat spoon after spoon of yummy good food.
This rice is a quick fix fare and also we know its healthy.I don't use any long grain rice but just the normal everyday boiled rice and it turns out
These days I hardly get time to sit and compose a post in peace because i have to keep watching out if the baby will come running to pull the laptop.
Lets get to the recipe quickly then.
Preparation time : 30 minutes (cooking time + mixing time)
Cooked rice 1 cup
Garlic pods 3 chopped finely or grated
Vegetables chopped - 1 cup- carrots, cabbage, capsicum, beans (in any ratio you like)
Salt to taste
Pepper 1 tsp
Stock cube 1 (optional)
Oil 2-3 tablespoons
- Keep the rice ready.While mixing the vegetables and egg if the rice has been cooled down then the rice wouldn't stick or break.
- In a wide pan, wok, add oil, add the garlic and then the chopped vegetables else the garlic will burn.
- Add salt enough for the vegetables and allow to cook.
- Once they are cooked, add the stock cube let it break down.
- Add the cooked rice and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Push the rice to one side or move it onto another dish, adding a little oil break eggs into the pan and scramble it add salt and pepper to the eggs.
- Once the eggs are completely scrambled mix the rice and vegetables mix.Stir until well mixed.
- Enjoy hot egg fried rice with a cup of cold juice and a good movie on tv :)