Monday, April 21, 2014

No flour almond butter coookies

Happy Easter to everyone.We had a fun filled day with the kids and going out shopping.Even though I didn't bake anything as i intended I want to share this quick yummy recipe which makes a quick and healthy snack for the kids for the vacation.We leave for our holiday in two days and I'm trying to do everything I can to clean up this place and schedule a few posts so I can feed the blog while i'm not here.Hopefully I can make a few posts from there and be in touch with you.

Have you had any failed recipes and sitting in the fridge staring at you?I had a jar of almond butter which I didn't get the exact consistency.I have tried peanut butter a couple of times and that used to work well but this almond butter really ditched me.Even though the recipes said no oil needed i added it in the hope of getting a creamy consistency all together everything flopped but the taste was good.So I didn't want to throw a whole jar of all expensive stuff almonds, cocoa powder, honey and oil.This is what came out of it after a week!Crispy chewy chocolate almond cookies.

These cookies are really nice and sweet and expands quite a bit so be sure to leave enough space between two cookie balls.


Makes about 10 small cookies balls which expand into the size you see in the pictures.
You need

Toasted Almonds 1 cup
Cocoa powder 1 tablespoon
Oil 2 tablespoons
Honey 2 tablespoon
Peanut candy 1/4 cup powdered
Condensed milk 3 tablespoon



- In a blender, add the toasted almonds and make it into fine almond meal, add the cocoa powder, oil and honey to this.
- In a bowl, add the almond cocoa mix, add the powdered peanut candy and add condensed milk and mix well.
- shape this into balls and place on a greased baking tray.Flatten the cookies with a fork.Repeat for all the dough.
- Preheat oven to 220C.
- Place the tray in the hot oven and bake for 25 minutes or until the sides are crispy.
- Allow to cool completely before storing in an air tight container.



Enjoy crispy almond cookies and enjoy your holidays kiddies and mommies.

Tips -

  • Use almond butter instead of whole almonds, oil and honey.
  • The recipe called for honey roasted peanuts i added peanut candy/kadala mittai.
  • I didn't add egg as in the original recipe and added condensed milk instead.

6 comments:

Thanks for coming by and giving me all the encouragement to keep going.

You May also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis