Friday, April 4, 2014

Dates Almond Kulfi

The summer is here in full swing(yes already) wonder how the next few months are going to be here!My LM had two weeks of holidays and she kept pestering us for ice cream.Here in our house whenever we buy a pack of readymade icecream we all have sore throats even before we eat the ice cream!I don't know if its a matter of chance or coincidence, so this time I told her I'll make kulfis for her.

When I told my sister that it tasted just like what daddy used to bring when we were younger she was so drooling over this.I have promised to make her some next time we meet.



 Even though we used to have kulfis is the peak summer heat of the desert we used to get sore throats and there was a quick precaution soon after having anything cold icecream, kulfis, jellies we run and down a glass of hot water :) just being hopeful to protect our throats so we can get our hands onto more cold stuff.This handy tip is still being followed religiously in my home.I used the same recipe as I did for my mango kulfis.


Preparation time : 20 minutes + freezing time

You need
Dates 1 cup
Almonds 1 cup
Fresh Milk 500 ml
Condensed milk half cup
Milk powder 1/4 cup
Sugar 1/4 cup
Nutmeg powder a pinch (generous one)

Moulds/cups


  • In a heavy bottom pan, add the fresh milk,condensed milk, milk powder, sugar and allow to boil.Once the milk has come to a slow boil, reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 5-6 minutes.
  • Add the nutmeg powder and stir in.Cover and allow to cool down.
  • Soak dates and almonds in some milk or water, puree this in a blender.
  • Once the milk mixture has cooled completely, add the pureed dates almond mix.Mix well with no lumps.
  • Pour into desired moulds and allow to freeze for 6-7 hours or over night.


Deliciously amazing healthy kulfis are ready to be devoured.

Quick tips by me :) 
- Keep stirring the milk mixture as it may boil over.
- I used dates stuffed with almonds but you can use both separately.Soaking the dates allows ease in pureeing them. Puree it coarsely the bits and pieces add to the texture of the kulfi. 
- I used my muffin tray to set the kulfis and paper cups.WE enjoyed it for a week.

6 comments:

  1. So yummy kulfi......want to finish the entire plate :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. drooling here...I so wish I could have it right now... it looks so tempting

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yumm.. Feel like taking it out right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. these definitely are healthy!!! with all that dates and almond... must try this for summer....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Healthy and very nutty kulfi to beat the heat.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by and giving me all the encouragement to keep going.

You May also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis