The summer vacation is officially yet to begin but our minds are already in holiday mode, I'm making too many snacks now but no time to share them here.The toddler is always on the move and I extra arms and legs(even eyes) to watch over him.This recipe was shared to me by friend Vidya she's my guru to make indian sweets which I never wanted to venture because of the complex issues in them.But once I tried them home made is the best!And the best part - its got no cooking at all!!
Peanuts and jaggery are like a magical combination.Vidya didn't add dried coconut I just thought it would be good so added them you can leave them out too.These ladoos are oil free, ghee free, fat free and also no milk too.But peanuts and dried coconut are in it many people have nut allergy.So this may not be the right sweet for them but for the rest its a good snack with no fat.All you need is a blender.
Roasted peanuts 1 cup
Jaggery 1 cup at room temperature
Dried coconut/kopra 1/4 cup(optional)
- Roast the peanuts if you're using raw peanuts.You can do it by placing the nuts in a microwave safe bowl, microwave it for 3 minutes on high you can hear the nuts crackle thats when you know the nuts are done.
- Place the nuts in a cloth and rub it so the skins will all come off easily and with no mess.Take the nuts away and discard the peels.
- In a blender, place the peanuts, jaggery, dried coconut, blend it until smooth paste.
- Mix this well with your hands in a plate and roll them into balls.This nut mixture has enough moisture and oil content so you can roll them into ladoos easily.
- These balls store well for 3-4 days or more if they last :)
- Store peanut jaggery balls in air tight containers.
- The dried coconut was an additional ingredient to the original recipe i had heard it worked well.You can leave it out if you don't have it.
Enjoy delicious healthy peanut balls.