Its International Women's Day, I'd like to wish all the beautiful ladies - grandmoms,mothers,sisters,daughters a very Happy Women's Day.Hope women get more respect in all aspects in our country.Today I share this simple stuffed bhindi recipe to celebrate Women's day to celebrate ourselves.
We only need to flip through the newspapers and we can that our country is adapting the western culture with faster speed but also forgetting the dignity that women need and get.In a huge media crazy country like ours we have television soaps showing abuse of housewives daily.It hurts to think people can pen such scripts, and then we have no right to even blame any person abusing women because its all right in every sense in our country.Us women most of the time forget to eat what we cook and this ignore our health, we have to remind ourselves to eat healthy food and take care of us before we do the same to our families
Bhindis 10-12 large ones
Oil to cook the bhindis
For the stuffing
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
Onion 1 large chopped finely
Tomatoes 2 medium chopped finely
Kasuri methi 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Ginger crushed 1/2 inch piece
Garam masala powder 1 tsp
Coriander powder 1 tsp
Oil 1 tablespoon
- Chop the onions really finely i used my trusty chopped which almost minced the onions.Same for the tomatoes.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds, add the onions next on a low flame let the onions turn translucent
- Add the crushed ginger, followed by tomatoes, add a little salt so the tomatoes break down faster.
- Once the onions and tomatoes have become mushy add the garam masala powder and dhaniya/coriander powder.
- Finally when the powders have cooked thoroughly crush the kasuri methi in between your palms and add the powder.Turn off the heat and set aside to cool.
Preparing the bhindis/ladyfingers
Serve hot stuffed bhindis with roti or chapathis.