Sunday, October 2, 2011

Mutton Fry

Weekends are time for non-vegetarian food.Especially with my nonveg loving LM, I usually end up making the normal gravy so that it lasts for the evening too.But this time I tried this recipe.And it turned out delicious!



I didn't make it the normal way. I almost added the normal masala roasted and grounded, but when I tasted it just before the masala went in , it was delicious and didn't want to alter it one bit!

You need
Mutton chopped into cubes 250 gms
Onions sliced lengthwise 2 medium
Ginger garlic 1 tablespoon (1/2tsp + 1/2tsp)
Garam masala powder 1 tablespoon + 1 tsp (add according to spice level)
Mustard seeds 1 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Lime juice 1 tsp
Oil 3 tablepoons
Potatoes cubed 2
Roasted whole garam masala ( cardamoms,cloves,cinamon ) - 4-5 each
Handful of chopped Coriander leaves,mint leaves
Curry leaves a generous amount

  • Cook the meat with sufficient water, ginger garlic paste(1/2tsp), a long piece of cinnamon, turmeric powder and garam masala (1 tablespoon) until meat is soft (I pressure cooked it).
  • In a pan, heat oil and shallow fry the potatoes until they have a crispy crust and keep separately on a tissue paper to drain the excess oil.
  • In a heavy based pan, add oil (about 2 3 tablespoons), add the mustard and let it splutter, followed by curry leaves.You can add the remaining 1/2tsp of ginger-garlic paste now.
  • Add the onions in and wait for it turn soft, now add the cooked meat with the water and cook the mutton until the water is all absorbed.Next add the fried potatoes.
  • Next add the chopped leaves and let it fry.
  • Add salt and garam masala to adjust the spice level.
  • Add lime juice and garnish with curry leaves.
  • Serve with fried rice or chapatis,parotas, naan.

3 comments:

  1. I love mutton cooked in any form/style. And I'm sure I'd love these too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea it was good!R doesnt like tomatoes na!try this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by and giving me all the encouragement to keep going.

You May also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis