The first award for the year - its been a while since i got any award.last year i got 2 give aways and I was mighty pleased that my blog and the efforts that go into it have got some recongition. Thanks Sajina of Sajustastes for choosing me for this award.
If you are wondering that The Liebster Award is : its a recognition that is passed on from one small blogger to another as a way of supporting & helping each other grow their respective blogs. Sort of a “hey, I like your blog and I’d like other’s to discover it, too”, sort of a thing....
This is a kind of chain letter, a blogger to blogger award, in which you have to nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers...The word "liebster" is dearest/favorite in German, and still no one knows the origin of this lovely award....Supporting other bloggers and receiving support from them is one of the most rewarding parts of blogging....
Rules of the Award
1. Write 11 random facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 interview questions you've been given by the person who nominated you.
3. Fabricate 11 new questions.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers and mention them in your post.
5. Tell the person who nominated you, along with the people whom you've nominated.
So here goes....
11 Random Facts About Me
1. I think I'm a friendly person and love to go on and on making friends.So blogging suits me i guess, as i get to meet so many wonderful bloggers/friends.
2. I started to cook only after my graduation and it was always sambar and tri-color sabji during those starting days.
3. I have started loving food photography and styling.
4. I NEED to have something sweet after my lunch(and dinner) somehow i'm controlling!
5. I feel planning what to cook is more tedious than the actual cooking it.
6. I love baking especially cupcakes and eating them.
7. Love to watch cook shows anything and anyone...some of my favorites are Rachel Allen,Nigella Lawson and Donna Hay.
8. I love to crochet flowers :) I learnt to crochet from the net all by myself.
9. I can't stay away from the blog even for a day...i'm addicted to it :)
10.i wish i had done some food related course or studies, would have been more helpful than my computer related degree.
11.I love to do any handiwork-cutting sticking, painting ,quilling,etc anything i wouldn't mind learning the teachnique and then doing a task.
My 11 questions for my fellow bloggers whom I have nominated..
- Who;s the most powerful influence in your life?good/bad or both?
- What one thing would you like to change in your life?
- What little steps do you take if any to clean up the environment?
- What's your favourite childhood memory?
- Are you still in contact with your school friends?if so how many of them?
- Who/ what is the reason behind your starting to blog?
- What do you enjoy most about food blogging?
- Do you have any secret wish you would like to fulfil someday?
- What's the one unforgettable incident in your kitchen?
- What's your favourite recipe in your blog?
- Your favorite place in the whole world?
Hmm that was pretty tough job to come up with 11 questions.Now to the answers to Sajina's questions :
What 4 words would you use to describe yourself?
- Friendly,funny,foolish and foodie!
What's your favorite drink?
One skill you wish you had!
- Speak and be more wise.THats not a skill i guess.I wish i could stitch.
Which was the first blog that you started following?
- One on livejournal to record daily happenings or somehting that I felt like recording.
When was the last time you cried?
- I was having a tough second pregnancy and When i saw my baby's U/s :) i cried involuntarily.
What you hate the most about people?
Do you think you’re a good judge of a person’s character? .
No not at all.Who am i to judge anyway!
What is your favorite song?
ARR Munbe vaa from Jillunu oru Kadhal comes to mind now.I've lost track of english and hindi songs.
What is worst about blogging?
- You have to cook and photograph your food before you can blog it!Thats tough when you have people around waiting to pounce on the food.
What is your favorite TV show at the moment?
- None.DOn't get to watch a lot of it.But Rachel Allen's Bake is a all time favorite.
Your favorite color & fruit?
- Blue and melons
I want to pass on this award to few of my beautiful blogging world friends.
- Helen Prabha of All about my world
- Divya Pramil of You too can cook
- Arthy Suman of Sumanarthy's Kitchen
- Asiya Omar of Samaiythu Asathalam
- Ambreen of Simply sweet and savoury
- Viji of Virunthu unna vanga
- Vimitha Anand of My Culinary Trial room
- Pari of Indian vegetarian Recipes
- Biny of Biny's recipes
- Veena of Great secret of life
- Prasu of My culinary world
- Recipe Excavator