Friday, March 1, 2013

Masala coated Peanuts

Peanuts are such an addictive snack :) they are healthy alright but you need to know how and when to stop munching on them.And extra enjoyment with yummy masala coated and deep fried ones to make it even heavenly - guilty pleasure!


I used to love these always but now when i was at mom's for my delivery the love was renewed for these crispy crunchy spicy peanuts...me,my mom and my daughter used to finish off a packet easily!And remain stuffed for the rest of the evening :) What fun!


I saw these on Monsoon Spice last week during the V-day weekend.I instantly wanted to make it.However Sia has made a really healthy version of these in the microwave I didn't have the patience to try that out and so deep fried it.Lazy me!


Since this was the first time i made it, the flour coating was a little too thick which i want to rectify the next time i make them.Also i want to try microwaving it.


You need
Roasted peanuts 1 cup
Besan/Chick pea flour 1/2 cup or to coat the peanuts thinly
Rice flour 1 tablespoon
Salt to taste
Chilli powder 1 tsp
Chopped curryleaves 6 7
Ginger crushed 1/2 tsp
Garlic crushed 4 5
Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
Water as needed to wet the mixture
Oil 1 tablespoon

  • Add all the ingredients except oil and water and mix well.
  • Add water slowly along with the oil such that the besan evenly coats all the peanuts.
  • Heat oil in a pan and drop bunches of peanuts and fry them until golden brown.
  • Drain fried peanuts on a tissue paper and store in an air tight container.



EnJoY crunchy peanuts with hot tea!

Sending this to WTML @ Hema's space started by Gayathri , Bon Vivant Kids delight, WTML - Hostel food, \Let's cook for kids\

You May also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis