Vegetables are difficult to get into our systems many times even for us adults and redressing it gives it a refreshing look and taste!I know many of you agree to that.
I won this book from Nithu's Kitchen for the Healthy Food for Healthy Kids-Sandwich hosted by Jaleela last month (Feb-March '13) Thanks Nithu and Jaleela for choosing me winner.
I love vegetable cutlets but usually we do no add beetroot because of its strong colours its just read all through if you add this lil beauty.But we all know beets are really healthy.When i was carrying my older one i had plenty of beet juice of course mixed with carrots and apples because i don't want to imagine how just beet juice would taste by itself.
I have a large can of breadcrumbs sitting in my pantry and I just made it because of that but my LM ate a few of these so I was glad i made them.
- potato 1 small
- Beetroot 1 small
- Peas a handful
- Carrots 1 small
salt to taste
Chilli powder 1/2 tsp
Cumin powder 1/2 tsp
Garam masala 1/2 tsp
Maida/all purpose flour 2 tablespoons mixed in water to make a solution to dip in
Oil to deep fry
- Boil and mash the vegetables and keep aside.Mix salt,coriander leaves and the dry masala powders.
- Roll the mashed vegetables into any shapes you prefer.I rolled them into small balls.
- Mix maida in a little water to make a runny mixture so you can dip the above vegetable balls and roll them in bread crumbs.
- Repeat for all the cutlets and set aside.You can do this ahead of time and leave in a air tight container in the freezer/fridge.
- Deep fry these breaded balls and drain them onto a tissue paper.
Beautiful red beetroot cutlets are ready!Serve them with sauce.
- Boil the vegetables soft and mash them well if the mix becomes too loose the cutlets will break, for an emergency situation add a slice of bread or two so that will make the mix less moist.
- Usually we need to dip the cutlets in egg before coating them with breadcrumbs i have use a paste of all purpose flour and it worked well.You can use a solution of corn flour as well.
Easy 2 prepare in 15 mins ,Cook like a celebrity chef #5, Bon Vivant 13 - Kids' delight, Lets cook for Kids , Lets celebrate March Masti