Friday, February 10, 2012

Banana and Dates Healthy Pancakes

I feel like munching at 4 before my tea!Since everyone's on the "healthy eating habit" , I'm trying not to have junk food(too!).Not that I can succeed too many times(but I'm trying), and an idea (*ting*) "make healthy pancakes" :) I thought why not!




So I went ahead and made these pancakes, mixing and all in about 20 minutes!

Preparation Time : 20 mins
Makes 4 pancakes

To make these pancakes, you need

Wheat flour/chapati atta 3 tablespoons heaped
Baking powder 1/2 tsp
Honey 1 tablespoon (or sugar if you like)
Banana 1 (used the small yellow one) mashed
Dates 4 (I had dates paste i used 1 tsp)
Milk about a cup
Warm water if needed
Oil 1 tsp (add butter if you like :) since i said "healthy pancakes" i added oil)


  • Mash the banana and dates into a smooth lumpy mix, now add the flour, baking powder and honey in a bowl.
  • Add enough milk to make the pancake mixture (shouldn't be too runny) and the oil (and a little luke warm water if needed to make the mix runny)
  • Check the sweetness and add enough honey/sugar as you like.
  • Grease a pan, pour a ladle-full of pancake mix on the pan, when you see bubbles form and pop on the pancake, you can flip it over and cook on a low or medium flame( since its wheat flour it darkens soon so i suggest cooking them on a low flame).

  • Serve hot with honey!
Sending this recipe to Ramya's ABC event : Banana

and Taste of pearl city's event 



Reposting/sending this to Banana recipes@My culinary creations

12 comments:

  1. really healthy pancake...thanks for sending to my event

    ReplyDelete
  2. healthy and delicious pancakes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would LOVE to try these - make my stomach growl with anticipation :) yummy post, really! Cheers, priya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Healthy and yummy pancakes, thank you for linking with Any One Can Cook :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice click :)
    you have got a nice space here
    charishma

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow....lovely pan cakes....lovely cpombo....yum...yum..yum...

    healthy too

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by and giving me all the encouragement to keep going.

You May also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis