Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Cucumber mint cooler & Awards


The summer is fast approaching and anything cool would do good to our thirsty souls.






I watched this on tv, nothing great I thought until i had it myself.The mint and cucumber impart a soothing flavour to the water rather than just having it by itself.Adding a little salt and lemon juice takes it a notch higher!



You need

Water as required
Mint leaves as required
Coriander leaves/cilantro as needed
Cucumber slices few
Lime juice of one lime
Salt to taste
Chaat masala as required


  • Pound or chop the leaves and drop in a glass or jug.Add a few slices of cucumber.Top it lime juice,salt and chaat masala.
  • Add enough water.
  • Have this cool drink as it is or chilled and rejuvenate yourself!
Sending this to EP series-Cilantro-cumin @ErivumPuliyum



I would like to thank Hema of Aromatic Cooking and Julie of Erivum Puliyum for giving me thie 'Versatile Blogger" Award.She has been generous with her encouraging words to my blog.


The rules for accepting this award are:
1. Add the Versatile Blogger Award.
2. Thank the blogger who nominated you in a post with a link back to their blog.
3. Share 7 completely random pieces of information about yourself.
4. Include this set of rules.
5. Forward this award to 15 fellow bloggers, and inform them with a comment on each of their blogs.



So coming to the 7 random tidbits about me:
 I started to cook after my graduation and it was always sambar and tri-color sabji during those starting days.
- When it comes to making special meals for special people i can spend hours in the kitchen.
- I feel planning what to cook for a meal is more tedious than the actual cooking bit.
- I love baking especially cupcakes.
- I would love to master bread making with yeast-the monster!
- I love to crochet :)
- I can't stay away from the blog even for a day...i'm addicted to it :)


I would love to pass this award onto a few of my good blogger friends who continue to amaze me with their kitchen experiments!
1.Surabhi Nayak @ My cook Book
2.Usha Rani @ Maha's Lovely Home
3.Simran @ LAzy Cook's kitchen
4.Vimitha Anand @ My culinary Trial room
5.Faseela @ Good Food ends with good talk
6.Julie @ Erivum Puliyum
7.Anisha @ Flavours for u
8. Sobha @ Good Food
9.Kavitha @ Edible Entertainment
10.Rasi @ Vegetarian food & Me
11.Poonam Borkar @ Kande Pohe
12.Asiya@Samaythu Asathalam
13.Vidya@Cook Like Zany
14.Sonali@Only Fish recipes
15.Sangee Vijay@SpicyTreats

17 comments:

  1. Princy this looks so cool.. i love the second click especially! Thanks for sharing the award & many congratulations..wish u keeping many more :)..ohh good to know more about u!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats such a refreshing and perfect cooler for this weather dear... Congrats on ur awards... Nice to read abt you.

      Delete
  2. Thank U dear for passing me this award...:)
    & Cooler a must try for me..
    Ongoing Event "HOLI HAI"
    "HEAT THE BEAT"

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow....wonderful refreshing drink dear....thanks 4 sharing the recipe...

    Thanks a ton for sharing the award with me dear....really feel honored

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice refreshing drink!Thanks for sharing the award.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely cooler!very refreshing..congrats on your award ,and thank you so much for thinking of me...really nice to read about you:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks a ton for sharing the award with me. Reading the seven things about you, I guess we have a lot in common, I love to crochet too. :)

    The cooler looks very inviting, great to beat the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. One superb cooler Princy, very refreshing..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks you all, for all the lovely words of encouragement :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to follow you ..very yummy and refreshing...
    www.sriyafood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks very refreshing. Thanks for sharing, and for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  11. very refreshing drink, perfect for summer days...Thanks a lot for sharing the award with me :)

    Join the Just "4" Fun event :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow...what a refreshing drink ....with mint coriander cucmber...some great flavors going in ! congrats on ur award dear...wish u many more.....n thanks for sharing with me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. perfect cooler for summer days!!Congrats on your awards,Thanx a lot for sharing those with me :)

    Please link your entries to EP Series-Cilantro & Cumin Event
    Inviting Hosts for EP Series-Herbs & Spices

    ReplyDelete
  14. nice and refreshing drink. I will try it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanx for linking it to my event!!

    Please contribute your entries (old or new )EP Series-Cilantro /Cumin Event

    Erivum Puliyum

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by and giving me all the encouragement to keep going.

You May also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis