Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Peas and Tomato Curry

I had to miss the blog hop for the month of January.I didn't know which was more depressing not having my laptop or blogging :) This month I have been paired with Vidhya, this peas curry wasn;t my first choice.I so wanted to make her red velvet bites but I don't want to go near sweets or bakes now(blame the weather!).


One really simple yet tasty dish I found at Vidhya's Sugar "N Spice  on a day when I was in no mood to cook anything.



 Preparation time : 10 minutes

You need

Peas 1 cup
Onion 1 large sliced finely
Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp
Tomato 2 medium diced into cubes
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
Green chilli 1
Oil 1 tablespoon
Garam masala 1 tsp
Coriander powder/dhaniya powder 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Water as required

Use coconut milk or coconut paste (Coconut scrapped 1 tablespoon and Dry red chillies 1/2)



  • Heat the oil in a pan, add the cumin and let it splutter.
  • Now add the onions and fry till soft.
  • Add the green chillies and ginger garlic paste
  • Next add the tomatoes and let it fry till soft.
  • Once the tomatoes are soft(not too soft they need to be chunky)
  • Add the masala powders and let them fry until the raw smell goes away and it mixes well with the tomatoes.
  • Lastly add the peas and enough water(the amount of gravy you need) and cover and cook.Add salt to taste.
  • Just before turning off the stove add the ground coconut paste/coconut milk.
  • Serve hot with chapatis.

Linking this to Blog Hop Wednesdays @Tickling Tastebuds and Show me your hits@SpicyTreats

Google Groups

Ongoing Event:Show Me Your HITS - Healthy Delights

Winter vegetables@Recipe Junction


sending this to Murari Anniversary Event@Hema's space

16 comments:

  1. Nice clicks Princy, makes me hungry..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with the above comment! :) Made me feel hungry when I saw the pics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just had breakfast and u r making me hungry again...yummy clicks too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) guesss i achieved my goal of tempting u all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice combo, simple and delicious curry..



    Please be a part of the Just "4" Fun event.

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice click!...delicious and flavorsome curry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow...that was lovely curry with peas.....and ofcourse a lovely click too

    Thanx 4 d visit to my space and happily following you.

    BTW I used chappathi to stuff instead of raw dough........just to finish off the left over chappathi....As u said the raw dough will make it much easier..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blog hopped my way here princey :) Mine dish is also with peas this time !! following u now !do drop by my space sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow..tomato peas curry looks yumm...

    ReplyDelete
  10. love tomato peas combo, this curry looks very tempting...nice clicks Princy!
    Thanks for linking to the event..
    Spicy Treats
    OnGoing Event:Show Me Your HITS~Healthy Delights

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, beautiful preperation, never made like this before, looks yumm, thanks for linking it to my event

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks for all the lovely comments!keeps me going :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by and giving me all the encouragement to keep going.

You May also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis