Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Peas and Tomato Curry

I had to miss the blog hop for the month of January.I didn't know which was more depressing not having my laptop or blogging :) This month I have been paired with Vidhya, this peas curry wasn;t my first choice.I so wanted to make her red velvet bites but I don't want to go near sweets or bakes now(blame the weather!).


One really simple yet tasty dish I found at Vidhya's Sugar "N Spice  on a day when I was in no mood to cook anything.



 Preparation time : 10 minutes

You need

Peas 1 cup
Onion 1 large sliced finely
Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp
Tomato 2 medium diced into cubes
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
Green chilli 1
Oil 1 tablespoon
Garam masala 1 tsp
Coriander powder/dhaniya powder 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Water as required

Use coconut milk or coconut paste (Coconut scrapped 1 tablespoon and Dry red chillies 1/2)



  • Heat the oil in a pan, add the cumin and let it splutter.
  • Now add the onions and fry till soft.
  • Add the green chillies and ginger garlic paste
  • Next add the tomatoes and let it fry till soft.
  • Once the tomatoes are soft(not too soft they need to be chunky)
  • Add the masala powders and let them fry until the raw smell goes away and it mixes well with the tomatoes.
  • Lastly add the peas and enough water(the amount of gravy you need) and cover and cook.Add salt to taste.
  • Just before turning off the stove add the ground coconut paste/coconut milk.
  • Serve hot with chapatis.

Linking this to Blog Hop Wednesdays @Tickling Tastebuds and Show me your hits@SpicyTreats

Google Groups

Ongoing Event:Show Me Your HITS - Healthy Delights

Winter vegetables@Recipe Junction


sending this to Murari Anniversary Event@Hema's space

You May also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis