Who doesn't like fried food...i love it,just that i'm not having them happily,its guilty pleasure!This pot fry is one guilt-free way of making a nice thick gravy coated chicken fry (almost).
You must try this once and you'll almost never miss your fried chicken again.I must say I'm happy with this one!
My LM loves chicken and lately she's binging into fried foods, i know its not too safe and healthy.This pot fried chicken wasn't the regular 'curry chicken' to her.
To make this
1. You need to marinate the below
Chicken about half kg
Lime juice tablespoon
Pepper powder 1/2tsp
Red chilli powder 1 tsp
Dhaniya/coriander powder 1 and half tsp((half for marinade +half for gravy
Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder 1tablespoon(half for marinade +half for gravy)
Aniseed/saunf/perumjeerakam powder 1tsp
Soya sauce 1 tablespoon
Salt to taste
for about half hour.
2.For the gravy:
Coconut/vegetable oil 3tablespoons
Mustard seeds 1 tsp
Curry leaves 2 sprigs
Onion 1 medium chopped finely
Green chilli 1 (or as per your spice level)
Ginger garlic paste freshly pounded 2 teaspoons
Cloves,cardamoms 3 each , cinnamon sticks 2 1inch pieces (grind to a powder)
Lime juice 1 tablespoon
- heat oil in a pan,splutter mustard seeds, add onions and curry leaves followed by slit green chillies.
- Once the onions are soft add the ginger garlic paste and let this fry for few seconds.
- Add the marinated chicken to this and stir it about for a while in the oil.
- Cover and cook this on a slow fire until the chicken is nice and tender.
- Once the chicken is tender, there will be excess liquid standing in the pan,let the water all go away by cooking on a higher flame and stiring frequently.
- add the clove-cardamon-cinnamon powder and mix well.
- I dried off all the excess liquid to make a gravy coated fry chicken dish.
-Serve with hot chapatis or steamed rice and curry.
Sending this to Valentine Special @Anzz cafe