I wanted to make an Easter post wondering what to post too..But when i tasted this cake i had baked yesterday I knew i had to share it here today :)
Wishing everyone a Joyful Hopeful Easter Season :)
I haven't baking for a while now and I realised how much i wanted to bake these last days.I was missing it so much that i started dreaming about baking (happens quite often ...dreaming about food!)
I got a new toy in my kitchen too a mixer bowl + mixer.I totally love it.My mom got it for me.Its so handy and i could save a lot of mess that usually happens while cake mixing.
I wanted to bake something really nice for Easter and it had to be chocolate because we are all chocolate lovers here at home and whether good or bad i know it will vanish!Let me tell you i wasn't too happy with the way the cake came out looking from the oven and i wasn't sure what to expect from the original recipe too even though they have a picture attached here.
|Defrosted and out on a plate|
|Sinful chocolate ganache :)|
When i opened the refrigerator to unmould the cake the was like a lava cake and i was so disappointed I wouldn't be able to take a picture.I just stashed it in the refrigerator and when we took it out straight from the freezer it was magic!
Source : Here
For the cake You need :
Dark /milk chocolate 500gm
Caster Sugar 1/4 cup
Plain flour 2 tablespoon
Maltesers to serve
For the chocolate ganache
Equal portions of Thin Cream and chocolate
- Preheat oven to 200C, grease and flour a baking dish/tin and leave aside.Use spring form pan if you have.
- Using a double boiler,met chocolate - place butter,chocolate and one tablespoon of caster sugar. Stir until all has mixed well.
- Beat the eggs and remaining sugar with a beater until pale and thick for about 10 mins on med-high speed.Fold in the flour gently, then the chocolate butter mix gently,do not beat while adding the chocolate mix.Mix until uniformly done.
- Pour into the prepared dish or tin and bake fpr 15 minutes.Or until the sides are done and middle is still little wobbly.Remove from oven.
- Run a knife along the edges of the cake and let it cool.Once cooled place in the freezer for 4 hours.
- De - mould the cake to do this leave it out of the freezer for an hour and once its out of the dish freeze again.
- Just before serving - prepare the ganache but bringing cream to boiling point and pour it over the chopped chocolate and stir well until creamy.
- To serve, take the cake straight out of the freezer and drizzle ganache and serve with Malteser balls.
Enjoy this decadent chocolate ganache cake!
- If the centre is not set just stash the cake in the freezer it will set.
- Don't leave it out for too long it will become loose immediately in the heat(in Chennai atleast)
- I used Milk chocolate chips you can use baking chocolate or dark chocolate.Mine was a bit too sweet with the milk chocolate and the sugar i could think of reducing some sugar.
- The original recipe calls for 1 tablespoon of flour for 4 eggs i halved the recipe and used 1 tablespoon and some more of flour the cake was fudgy in texture.
- It took me around 20 minutes to bake the cake which was set on the sides and wobbly in the centre.But the top was nice and set.
- You can just bake it until fully baked ie.until the skewer comes clean i think it will taste well too.
Linking this to Cutchi's kitchen - 100th post give away